Friday, April 24, 2015

Cakes

Naomi and I created cakes for Betsy's wedding.  I started baking and freezing cakes in January. A total of fifteen chocolate, vanilla sprinkle, lemon, pumpkin, banana, and carrot cakes were stored in the freezer.

Then last Wednesday, we pulled the cakes out to defrost. On Thursday I left work early and we began frosting and decorating the cakes. We finished up on Friday and transported them to the reception site and arranged the cake table. On Saturday we topped them with fresh roses. After the wedding, we cut and served our creations. Then on Sunday (and Monday and Tuesday) we ate leftover cake.















6 comments:

  1. magnificent AND yummy! the roses were the crowning touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two did a wonderful job! They look lovely and I'm sure tasted wonderful too. I'm glad you could team up with your skills to pull off this big job and I'm sure Betsy and Josh really appreciated all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gals are so inspiring! I love how the cakes were different sizes, different heights, different flavors...but all unified with the white icing and yellow roses. From the height, they look like they were all double layer, yes?

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were double layer 6", 8" and 10".

      Delete
  4. Just one more question, Amy...how did y'all transport those all safely after they were iced and ready?

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very carefully. It was only a few miles and my Dad took them in two trips in the air-conditioned van.

    Also, Naomi and I didn't display all of the cakes. The ones that didn't look as good were in the kitchen. We just brought them out to serve them.

    ReplyDelete